The seventh richest person in the world is Amazon founder and owner of The Washington Post, Jeff Bezos. Bezos played a huge role in developing the whole world of ecommerce.
The libertarian and Albuquerque native founded his world-famous online book seller after learning that online merchants didn’t have to collect taxes across state lines.
Well, if you guessed that Amazon went on to be one of the biggest companies in the universe, you wouldn’t be guessing. Well, what makes Bezos tick? What is he all about? Find out with these 8 inspirational quotes.
1. “The best customer service is if the customer doesn’t need to call you, doesn’t need to talk to you. It just works.”
2. “I believe you have to be willing to be willing to be misunderstood if you’re going to innovate.”
I think frugality drives innovation, just like other constraints do. One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out
4. “If you’re competitor focuses, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering.”
5. “It is very difficult to get people to focus on the important things when you’re in boom times.”
6. “Part of company culture is path-dependent. It’s the lessons you learn along the way.”
What we want to be is something completely new. There is no physical analog for what Amazon.com is becoming.
8. “I don’t think that you can invent on behalf of customers unless you’re willing to think long-term, because a lot of invention doesn’t work. If you’re going to invent, it means you’re going to experiment, and if you’re going to experiment, you’re going to fail, and if you’re going to fail, you have to think long term.”