A clean and clear commercial space is more desirable and can attract more customers, along with maintaining the existing ones.
By keeping your business property clean, you will also provide a healthy working environment for yourself and your employees.
A fungal mold or mildew can invite several diseases. It requires immediate action when you notice a pattern in your business property.
Non-toxic ways to remove the mold
There are numerous DIYs that can help you to get rid of molds on the corners, ceiling, or floor of your room. Before you go ahead with the manual cleaning, make sure that you are not allergic to such molds as some of these molds are toxic for human skin.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is a robust anti-fungal solution. All you need to do is to spray a 3% concentrated solution of Hydrogen Peroxide on the mold and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Now, roughly scrub and wipe the surface clean.
- Vinegar can also kill about 82% of species of fungus due to its mild acidic properties. Just spray some white vinegar on the mold and let it sit for an hour. Lastly, wipe the surface and let it dry.
- Baking soda is also a mild acidic powder that can help get rid of fungal molds. Add 1/4th tablespoon of baking soda into 100 ml water and spray it on the affected surface. Next up, scrub the image along with rinsing it to clean the surface thoroughly.
Take professional help
If you don’t have the time or do not wish to clean the mold by yourself, you can take an expert’s help like Ferro Canada that can help remove all poisonous and toxic molds present in your property. This even includes the hidden ones as they use infrared cameras and scopes to spot fungi spores.
Moreover, they prevent any further growth of the microbe by decontaminating the source and sterilizing the air inside your property. Professionals are also capable of detecting the mold in hard-to-reach areas and clearing it.
Make your property mold-resistant
You can install a variety of mold-resistant products to discourage the growth of that fungus because, of course, prevention is better than cure.
- Ensure that the materials that you are using to build your office are dry and mold-resistant.
- Use a healthy moisture barrier in vulnerable areas like basement floors, concrete slabs, or wherever required.
- Install insulated water-pipes to prevent any leakage.
- Paint your property using products that contain non-toxic fungicide.
- Place all furniture at enough distance from the wall to allow air to pass behind the furniture.
- Regularly clean and vacuum your property to avoid the accumulation of dust particles and moisture because these are the things on which the fungi feed.
- Look for damaged roof gutters and repair them immediately.
- Ventilate your property correctly as moving air is not able to hold moisture.
- Monitor humidity inside the property, especially on windows, pipes, and walls.