If you know who Steve Jobs is…you must live on Planet Earth. We all know the co-founder of Apple, the pioneer of the graphical interface, Pixar board member, beloved visionary. Jobs died in 2011, leaving behind many inspired admirers and many inspiring quotations.
Here are 8 inspirational quotes of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs:
1. Stay hungry, stay foolish.
2. Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.
3. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
4. A lot of people in our industry haven’t had very diverse experiences. So they don’t have enough dots to connect, and they end up with very linear solutions without a broad perspective on the problem. The broader one’s understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have.
5. I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to to a thousand things.
6. Getting fired from Apple was the greatest thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.
7. Here’s to the crazy ones: the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently—they’re not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward, and while some may seem them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.
8. I think the artistry is in having an insight into what one sees around them. Generally putting things together in a way no one else has before and finding a way to express that to other people who don’t have the insight.