ProxyCrypt is a command line tool that creates encrypted volumes within a file or a hard drive. Encryption and decryption are made on the fly, allowing you to use encrypted volumes like normal ones.
Designed for paranoids and advanced users, it is also fast, very lightweight, open source and easy to recompile.
It works as a ‘proxy’ for the ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver, so you need to install it first.
Use ProxyCrypt without argument to get syntax help.
If you need to create encrypted spaces which can be partitioned like an ordinary hard drive, ProxyCrypt is also compatible with Arsenal Image Mounter.
- Supports AES-256, Serpent and Twofish ciphers.
- Cascade encryption with free choice of the ciphers.
- Mode of operation is XTS.
- Passwords are hashed with the scrypt key derivation function, which uses Whirlpool or SHA-3 hashing function.
- Password length can be up to 250 characters.
- Protection against keyloggers.
- Supports image files or physical drives with MBR (with extended partition) or GPT.
- Encrypted volumes can be created at any location, not necessarily at the beginning of a file or a partition.
- Auto-dismount after a specified period of inactivity or when system enters a suspended state.
- NTFS folders can be used as mount point instead of drive letters.
- Supports very long paths of image file (more than 260 characters).
- Performances improved with AES instructions, SSE2 optimizations and asynchronous read/write.
- Available in 32 and 64-bit.