Cute and silly arcade game where one demented amoeba has to chase another, absorb balls and fiercely spit them into the opponent. Simple controls, colorful graphics, squishy physics, and short, hot rounds define the gameplay. You can play yourself against computer, or compete against another person on the same machine (sharing the keyboard or using a joypad). Several weirdly funny characters, as well as a few levels are there for your enjoyment.
Amoeball is essentially a sports game. Unlike traditional arcade or action games, no one dies (pops, vanishes, fades, however you call it) here. The thrill of pure competition, the excitement of chase – that is what’s bringing these micro-scale creatures together for your entertainment. Why amoeball? Because here amoebas play a ball game. They don’t have hands or feet, so they use their bodies to play it.
The goal is: absorb balls and spit them into the opponent. Whoever is the first to hit another with 6 balls – wins!
* there are 11 balls in every level;
* amoeba absorbs balls by touching them;
* absorbed balls may be spat out immediately in the mouth direction;
* when a ball is spat out, it becomes ‘active’ – coloured by the previous owner; if an ‘alien’ active ball is absorbed, it cannot be spat out; this is considered an opponent’s score;
* active balls become neutral in several seconds if they don’t get absorbed by anyone.
* WASD + Left Ctrl;
* Arrow Keys + Right Ctrl;
* Joypad Left Stick + A (tested on Xbox 360 controller).