Kalanick’s Enthusiasm is Infectious.
The founder of the ridesharing app, Uber, Kalanick is a controversial, dynamic entrepreneur. Kalanick started as a mere teenager, peddling an SAT prep program. From there, here was part of the team that brought out Scour, a Napster-like file-sharing program. Kalanick has had a lot to say, and here are 8 of his most inspirational quotes.
1. “As an entrepreneur, I try to push the limits. Pedal to the metal.”
2. “Uber is efficiency with elegance on top. That’s why I buy an iPhone instead of an average cell phone, why I go to a nice restaurant and pay a bit more. It’s for the experience.”
3. “Every time you add complexity to your business model, it just makes it harder for your suppliers and your partners to understand it.”
4. “At the end of the day you still have to make something people want. You have to produce it. You have to find a way to distribute it.”
5. “Fear is the disease. Hustle is the antidote…Whatever it is that you’re afraid of, go after it.”
6. “A lot of my job is taking those kind of things—anticapitalist taxi protection—and putting it in populist terms. What they’re really saying when they put a floor on prices is that only wealthy people are allowed to get into town cars.”
7. “My politics are: I’m a trustbuster. Very focused. And yeah, I’m pro-efficiency. I want the most economic activity at the lowest price possible. It’s good for everybody; it’s not red or blue.”
8. “If you can get a Prius for cheaper than a cab, you just changed 100,000 people’s lives in a city.”